To download the .STL of an earlier version of my brushless Mighty Whoop click here
- Dimensions: True X with motor to motor being 73.5mm and outer dimensions shroud to shroud it is 96mm
- Weight (FRAME ONLY): Roughly 9.0 grams, it is 3D printed so don't call me crying if it is 0.5 grams heavy.
- Supported Motors: 07XX motors have a happy nesting place securely in the Mighty Whoop.
- Electronics: Mounting holes are spaced for 16x16 electronics.
- The Mighty Whoop I fly has an All Up Weight (AUW) of 45.5 grams with a 1s 450mah battery. Of course, depending on how you build yours the weight will vary, but I did want to give an example of potential AUW.
- Do not forget to edit your FC orientation in Beta flight
- Using an XT30 connector makes a significant performance increase. With the XT30 connector, I measured 13.5 amps being pulled on my 1s 15000kv build. YOU NEED AN XT30! These little brushless motors are thirsty and you will starve them with a JST or smaller connector.
- The motor wires are durable but easily break when bent back and forth at the solder joint. Solder them to the ESC in a way they are not being doubled back over.
- Center of Gravity (CG) is crucial in a build this small. If you have the battery off center it will feel like you have a flat tire and pull to one side.
WHAT YOU GET: (weights include total qty)
1 X Mighty Whoop frame ~ 9.0 g
1 X FPV Camera Mount ~ 0.4 g
2 X UV Resistant Super Deluxe Rubber Bands ~ 1.0 g
3 X M2x12 Mounting Hardware ~ 1.0 g
3 X Rubber dampeners to soften all those negative vibrations ~ 0.8 g
All assembled the Mighty Whoop frame weighs ~ 12 g
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED: (Image is Amazon & other link is Banggood)
1 X 16x16 Flight Controller (Teeny 1s F4 with OSD)
1 X 16x16 4 in 1 ESC (6a 4in1 DShot 300)
4 X 07xx Brushless Motors (0703 15,000kv)
4 X 40mm Tri-Blade Propellers (Wind makers)
1 X RX of your personal flavor, make it small! (0.5g FRSky RX)
1 X FPV AIO Cam (Camera for OSD)
Batteries (Cheapest option is to buy these and then put XT30 connectors on them)
XT30 Connectors (100% necessary to get the best performance)OR http://bit.ly/2yxW7Lw
WHAT MY SETUP LOOKS LIKE:
1s FC to a 6a 4in1 ESC powering 0703 15000kv Motors that spin 40mm tri props.